The European Party of Ukraine, April 8th, 2016 Kyiv
Taking into account:
• The fact that Ukrainian people chose a path of European integration in November, 2013;
• Demands of the Revolution of dignity;
• The fact of annexation of Crimea and Russian aggressive military occupation of Ukrainian territory;
• The failure of Minsk II and prolonged military conflict in Ukraine;
• The deep political and economic crisis that were caused by unprofessional actions of the current government of Ukraine;
• The failure of global integration processes in Ukraine, total or partial non implementation of the Association Agreement between Ukraine and the EU requirements by the current Ukrainian political regime.
Taking into account:
• The final act of the Summit of March 21, 2014 – Signing of the EU-Ukraine political part of the Association Agreement between Ukraine and the EU;
• Signed by the President of Ukraine and the leaders of the European Union and the Heads of State and Government of 28 countries – the EU members, part of the Economic Agreement – Section III «Justice, Freedom and Security», IV «Trade and issues related to trade», V «Economic and sectoral cooperation» and VI cooperation and financial provisions to fight fraud of 27 June 2014 during the EU Council meeting;
• Synchronous ratification by the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine and the European Parliament of the 16th of September, 2014 of the Association Agreement between Ukraine and the EU;
• Prospects of use of the qualified majority method that will be involved in approving the decision to grant Ukraine the status of full membership in the EU.
The XI Congress of the European Party of Ukraine argues:
1. In the context of current events in the country to promote the development of relations between Ukraine and the European Union both at political level and at the level of social, humanitarian, scientific policy, etc., Through active cooperation and involvement of Grants to implement various kinds of projects in Ukraine;
2. To promote the economic development of the border regions;
3. To push and hold working places for the citizens of Ukraine providing full visa-free regime by the EU Member States;
4. To strengthen inter-party cooperation with representatives of the liberal forces of Europe;
5. In order to approve a positive decision for Ukraine by the European Parliament and representatives of the EU Member States:
5.1. To increase pressure on the current government for the effective implementation of the official EU requirements on the process of issuing biometric passports to citizens of Ukraine;
5.2. To intensify the process of educational programs for Ukrainians on European values and to adapt good practices of the EU.
Press service of the European Party of Ukraine